Click here to see our 2021-22 GLCCSchool webinar schedule, and check back often as new webinars are being added all the time.
- This package first covers generation of power giving you a solid understanding of solar power systems and how to design an appropriate system to meet run your boat's electrical requirements. The second webinar dives into Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries that are a huge leap forward over conventional batteries for marine electrical systems.
- Having plenty of electric power on board while cruising can make the difference between a fantastic experience and a marginal one. Solar energy is an excellent source of electrical power for the cruising sailboat or power boat. However, figuring out the size of solar panels you need and matching them up with the various accessories required for a complete high-performance system can be a daunting task.
- From major cities to quaint fishing ports, from island anchorages to first class marinas --- the 2nd largest concentration of boaters in North America already know about Lake Erie's charms. Do you?
- Georgian Bay is well known as a cruiser’s paradise for good reason. From the cliffs of the Bruce Peninsula to the busy harbours of off Severn Sound to the winding Small Craft Route up the eastern shore, Georgian Bay offers variety, scenery and adventure for the cruising boater. This webinar explores Georgian Bay’s beautiful anchorages as well as the towns and small settlements that serve the boating community along its shores.
- This webinar will guide you through the Northern Georgian Bay wilderness from Byng Inlet to Killarney. This area has a variety of wonderful anchorages and is unique in the Great Lakes as many of the waters are unsounded. You need a sense of adventure to cruise here. If that's you, or if that's what you are aspiring to, you'll want to join Dave Spencer, GLCC Rear Commodore for The North Channel, Georgian Bay and Canadian Lake Huron for an enjoyable evening.
- It’s time to replace your batteries again. Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO or LFP) batteries can be pricey but are they the best long-term investment for your power needs? Many experts say yes! What is this battery technology all about and how do I determine if it is the best alternative for my boat? This seminar will address LiFePO4 battery technology and how to design a battery bank to meet your power needs.
- If you are planning your first or twenty first cruise to the North Channel, you are sure to enjoy this popular webinar. The North Channel of Lake Huron is the world's premiere fresh water cruising destination and among the very top destinations for cruising boaters anywhere. Our presenter is Dave Spencer who is the Great Lakes Cruising Club's Rear Commodore for The North Channel, Georgian Bay and Canadian Lake Huron. Dave will guide you through a tour of North Channel anchorages from the western to eastern extremity of this pristine cruising area.
- Your fiberglass repair project might not be as extensive as the one shown in the accompanying photo, but everyone with a glass boat should have some understanding of basic fiberglass repair techniques. This information-packed webinar will provide that foundation.
- Join Sue and Vic Camaiore as they share their journey around the shores of Lake Michigan. Starting at the Straits of Mackinac, they explore the wilderness shore of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, the holiday hideaway of the Door Peninsula, the cities and historical industries of Wisconsin, the urban area of Chicago, and the sand dunes and shores of Lake Michigan.
- The Trent Severn Waterway is a well known inland passage from Lake Ontario to Georgian Bay and is frequently used by Loopers and other Great Lakes boaters. But, it's not just a shortcut. The TSW is a delightful and picturesque cruise through the heartland of Ontario. This webinar has been completely revised and updated for 2022 so even those familiar with the Trent Severn are sure to learn something new in this session.
- Cruising Canada's North Channel puts you in one of the top ten cruising destinations in the world. Join Roy Eaton as he shares his local knowledge of and experiences in this wonderful part of our Great Lakes.