8:00 PM Eastern Time
Stretching from the Murray Canal in the west to the City of Brockville Ontario in the east, the Bay of Quinte and 1000 Islands offers boaters a wide range of possibilities. Whether your preference is a secluded anchorage away from the crowds, a night on the town within walking distance of your boat, or being one with nature in a national park, this Eastern Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence River cruising area has what you are looking for.
The webinar will inform participants on how to take advantage of all of the amenities so that their time spent is both enjoyable and memorable. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
· An overview of the Bay of Quinte and 1000 Islands, including a brief history of the area, helpful resources to assist in planning your cruise, general information on things to know before you leave.
· Weather, water levels and geography. With the cruising season lasting from May to October, we will look at the influence of these factors on your cruise planning.
· Area Marinas and Yacht Clubs – the webinar will cover the options available for all of the major centres to make sure you and your crew get the most out of your stay.
· Canada’s Thousand Islands National Park is considered one of the top cruising destinations in North America. We will provide information on the best times to visit, what to expect, and how to make the most of your time in the islands.
· Gunkholing - The Bay of Quinte and 1000 Islands has lots to offer for those who enjoy the prospect of finding an out of the way spot to drop the hook and enjoy the peace and quiet just being peaceful and quiet. We will look to point you in the right direction!
If you are interested in finding out more, make sure to sign up for this webinar when it’s opened for registration.